Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Week 2, Day 2, Babies & a Conehead

I wish I could say that todays running was easier, but it seemed like it was the same as Sunday. Friday should be better, but we shall see. It seemed a little chilly this morning when I was out and was a little harsher on my lungs and throat ,but I managed.

We have these adorable baby birds in one of our apple trees. However, the parents aren't so adorable! They try to dive bomb you! Not so fun when you are just out in your own backyard minding your own business. They don't seem to bother you when you are near their nest though. Strange. I really wish I had my digital camera when I first discovered the nest. I had to use my 35mm so the pics are still on the film. Remember the movie Coneheads I loved that movie...I really enjoyed the skits on Saturday Night Live too.
Well, we now have a conehead of our very own! This one is MUCH cuter!Lucy was spayed last Thursday and I noticed the other day that the incision area was looking a little red and she had developed a bump under it. I went to my neighbor, who is a vet tech, and had him come over to take a look. He said she was licking her incision and I needed to get an E-collar for her. So, first thing in the morning on Monday I went to the vet and picked one up. She didn't like it much and didn't really want to walk with it on. She also had trouble with the stairs as she is short and the bottom of the collar kept hitting the steps so she would think she was stuck. After about 12 hours of wearing it she seemed to have adjusted pretty well. She was even out in the backyard racing with Cameron. It was pretty funny to watch her try to catch her ball. I kept waiting for it to land in her collar. I love this picture of the two of them. I like how they are looking at each other while running. Cameron sure does love her!I need to study for my microbiology lab mid-term that I have tomorrow. I think I will do okay at it. I finally got back the test in my lecture that I took last Monday. I got a 92% on it. Much better than I thought I did so that made me pretty happy. I also just took my Nutrition mid-term this morning and missed .5! Yay me!

Well, off to study and try to write the beginnings of a paper. I've had since May 8th to work on it and I haven't started it yet. The rough draft is due on June 27th. I have procrastinated on it because I really don't know what I am doing. That's not a good thing.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Funny conehead! Dante, our great dane, once needed an e-collar. They didn't have any big enough, so we had to get one made for a cow. Why a cow would need one, is another question. It was too funny and quite in-the-way. The thing must have been 4ft across!

Anonymous said...

Where have I been? I need to catch up on your blog! You've been busy!!!

I need to read up more on your running program! Sounds like something I need!

LOVE the new toy! I'm totally jealous!

I need to go to Red Butte Gardens. I've never been and I'm sure my boys would love it there!!

Sorry I've been MIA.... I'll be better about reading up on the blog!!!

Celeste said...

Way to go on your program!