Monday, June 18, 2007

Father's Day and a New Toy!

Cameron was so excited to wake up Michael and give him his Father's Day present. We went and bought him some much needed new tennis shoes. I wouldn't let Cameron wake dad up because it looked like he didn't really sleep well during the night. So, when Cameron was doing some chores he saw that Michael's eyes were open and ran and asked if he wanted to open his present. Michael opened it and Cameron was beaming! All day long while we were out and about Cameron kept saying things like "It's your day, you can do what you want" or "Mom, we need to hold his hands because it is his day and you need to love him forever because he is your husband" Lucky for him, I do and will love Michael forever. He is the best dad! He is so great that even Cameron and I got presents too!

I noticed yesterday when searching online that the camera I wanted was out a month early. So, after Michael woke up I mentioned it to him and told him I needed it by today so I could take it on the field trip.

Well, we went to look at it and it just didn't feel right and had a cheesy lens cap that would come off when lightly touched. We went back and forth and back and forth, from store to store, only to get this...a Nikon D40x.
We looked at the Canon XTi and the Nikon D80 and Michael chose this one after looking at the specs of them all. The Nikon D80 was quite a bit bigger than the one we got. So, I am going to take it with me to Red Butte Garden today and see how it performs. I played with it a little bit last night and it seemed to take some pretty good pictures. Happy early birthday to me!

Cameron's present was a Nintendo Pokemon game. He was so excited to have it...however, I just don't get the excitement. You see, on Saturday, Cameron counted his money from allowance and found that he had enough money to buy the Pokemon DS game that he had been saving for. So, now he has two new Pokemon games and is already talking about saving for another one. WHY would you need more than 3 Pokemon games? He got one for Christmas too.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Hey, That's the camera I'm saving for! Tell me how you like it! Have fun at the gardes, we really liked it there. How was your party?

Celeste said...

Oh you lucky girl! I want a good camera so bad!

Sometime when you go to Red Butte, let me know and we can do lunch!