Friday, June 22, 2007

Boys and their toys...and a cute dog

Today while Cameron was at school Michael and I ran a few little errands. One was to buy a zoom lens for my camera. I really like this camera. I just found out yesterday that I really needed a zoom lens. I was at Cameron's first grade program and this was all the zoom I had. It would have been nice to have a zoomed in picture of him at the microphone. Not as great as it would have been on my old camera ,but the digital slr doesn't have the digital zoom. I also forgot to change the white balance for fluorescent lighting. Oh well!

We stopped by a hobby shop to get some things for Michael's helicopter that we ended up not needing to buy. While we were there I was looking at models for Cameron to build. We bought him one and when we got home from school he and Michael worked on it. It was a level 2 that didn't need any glue or paint so it was pretty easy. It said for ages 8+, I figured he could do and besides, he will be 8 soon.After a little photo shoot with Cameron and his new car I heard Michael out front flying his heli so I thought I would head out and see what my new lens could do. The helicopter pictures are at 200mm. There is vibration reduction in this lens so you don't need a tripod. LOVE that! Wouldn't this be the greatest picture without that stupid collar on? I just love how cute Lucy is. She has gotten so much bigger since we got her in February. I think she is probably as big as she is going to get. She weighs just over 12 pounds.

Oh, speaking of pounds. I had my WI today and was down another 1.8 pounds! I finally hit my 10% weight loss! I needed to lose 18 pounds and I have lost 19.4 pounds. Not quite 20, but I am hoping it will be below 20 next Friday. I have just 25 more pounds to lose until I am where I want to be! UGH! That seems so far away. It's taken me 20 weeks just to lose the 19 pounds I have lost. I want to be down 25 pound on my 35th birthday. I have 2 weeks to go. Perhaps the next two weeks of the running program will help. My birthday is on a Thursday and I have to weigh in on Friday morning. I am going to want to eat some Red Robin mud pie on my birthday. That might have to be all I eat that day.

Sorry to be rambling, but if I was writing in my journal this is how I would be writing. On that note, I need to go start writing my biology paper. Michael's mom and step-dad were supposed to fly out today but the new GPS in the plane stopped working. It was working yesterday when he was flying around. I told Michael maybe they should check the batteries. I'm sure they already did that. So, we don't know when they will be coming out for a visit. My guess is it will be next month since we have other things going on and other parents coming for a visit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are great pictures of Cameron, Michael, Lucy. At least if you click on the pictures, that does zoom in closer. See you on June 29th. ... Dad