Monday, October 30, 2006

It's been a week!!

I can't believe it has been one week since I have updated my blog! YIKES!! Sorry to all of you that check it for updates. Cameron turned 7 on Tuesday and I was just studying for my exam. I only ended up with a 91 this time. Still an A, but I could have done better. Oh well, there is always next time.


Monday: Tuna casserole
Tuesday: Pizza
Wednesday: Whatever the guys eat. I have an OSHA class that evening
Thursday: Grilled chicken with salad
Friday: Chinese chicken pasta salad
Saturday: Out to dinner for Michael's birthday


I'm still working on my Fall Into Reading challenge. I started These is my words by Nancy Turner again. I am just having the hardest time getting into it. It could be because I am trying to read it during Cameron's swim class. I'm also reading another book that is not on my list, but I am caught up for the month so all is good.

My list to read by the end of the challenge (December 21st):
1. These is my words - Nancy Turner
2. 2nd Chance - James Patterson
3. Pope Joan - Donna Cross
4. The Memory Keepers' Daughter - Kim Edwards
5. Night - Elie Wiesel
6. Key of Light - Nora Roberts
7. The Known World - Edward P. Jones
8. The Guy Not Taken - Jennifer Weiner
9. The Good Earth - Pearl S. Buck

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stacy, I had a hard time getting into These is my words also. I think it has to due with the poor spelling and grammer (??) It does get better; I promise! I think you will like it. I really enjoyed reading it.

I love your menu planning.

Anonymous said...

Chinese chicken pasta salad sounds good!
I'm still working on my reading challenge as well.

Stacy said...

Thanks Shar! I sure hope it gets better!!

Anonymous said...

Well happy birthday to your little man!

I'm still wishing I had time to read!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to both of your men!!!

I agree about "These is my Words"...I had a hard time with it at first too but ended up really liking it. Good luck with it!

YAY on your test!

Nicole *Ü* said...

I too had a hard time getting into it. It's so depressing at first and I think that really bothered me, although the grammar and all that didn't bother me at all. By the time I got into the middle of the book, though, I was hooked. Keep up your reading! Can't wait to hear what you think of all the books.

Your dinners for the week sound yummy!! Congrats on your A and your goal to do better!! Share some of your yummy dinner recipes with us!! LOL

Unknown said...

I love to read and cook. The Chinese Chicken Pasta Salad sounds like something my family would enjoy.