Sunday, October 15, 2006

So far I am doing pretty darn good on my Fall Into Reading challenge. I have read two books and am trying to figure out which one on the list I want to read next. I think I am heading towards Night since it is pretty small. I am half way through the month and 2 books done on my 3 book per month goal! I've been doing more reading at Cameron's swimming lessons and before bed. I am even taking the books to work with me and reading on my lunch break. Much better than going out to spend money.

My list to read by the end of the challenge (December 21st):
1. These is my words - Nancy Turner
2. 2nd Chance - James Patterson
3. Pope Joan - Donna Cross
4. The Memory Keepers' Daughter - Kim Edwards
5. Night - Elie Wiesel
6. Key of Light - Nora Roberts
7. The Known World - Edward P. Jones
8. The Guy Not Taken - Jennifer Weiner
9. The Good Earth - Pearl S. Buck

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on your reading goals! I LOVE it when you post the books you've read or plan to read...that is how I get my reading!!! THANKS!

Nicole *Ü* said...

Hmmmm....I would recommend "These Is My Words" first over "Pope Joan," but those are the only 2 (other than the Nora Roberts) on your list that I've read or heard about, so......LOL!! "Pope Joan" received mixed reviews in my book club, but I liked it and thought it was very interesting. I think "These Is My Words" got an all-around thumbs up from everyone. I'll have to check out the other ones on your list. They sound intresting!! Good luck and great job on your reading!!!

Stacy said...

Thanks Nikki. I started These is my words and couldn't get into it. I just started Pope Joan last night. I'm only on page 6 as I was too tired. I may try TIMW first now though.

heidi larsen said...

stacy-thanks so much for the darling card. you are so very thoughtful. a wonderful friend! we should try and get together soon.
heidi