Tuesday, October 03, 2006

I have been checking out so many blogs lately that have all these fun activities for each day of the week. I decided that I am going to join them on their quests, visions, chores, whatever they may be. So today is:

For my first "Tackle It Tuesday" I am going to tackle the basement landing. As you can see by the picture it could be a chore to get to the basement in an emergency. As if we would have an emergency in UT that would warrant going down there, but anyway...

Basement Landing Before

Basement Landing After

Another challenge I found today was "Fall into Reading" hosted by Katrina. This is one challenge I am definitely up for. I have WAY to many books sitting on my shelves begging to be read. I have 2 in my car.
My list to read by the end of the challenge (December 21st):
1. These is my words - Nancy Turner
2. 2nd Chance - James Patterson
3. Pope Joan - Donna Cross
4. The Memory Keepers' Daughter - Kim Edwards
5. Night - Elie Wiesel
6. Key of Light - Nora Roberts
7. The Known World - Edward P. Jones
8. The Guy Not Taken - Jennifer Weiner
9. The Good Earth - Pearl S. Buck

I figure I could do this challenge. It's only 3 books per month. I have been slacking a little on my reading, but really wanting to catch back up. Now is my chance.
Here's what I read the last 2 months.
August
The Husband by Dean Koontz
Shadow Spinner by Susan Fletcher
September
Prep:A Novel by Curtis Sittenfeld
Running With Scissors by Augusten Burroughs

9 comments:

Chaotic Mom said...

I'm taking a break from my ORIGINAL challenge, and am hitting the SAME AREA in my house! It's the least visible area in the house, so folks dump things there all the time. YIKES! Good luck on your first challenge! ;)

Nicole *Ü* said...

If you can read 3 books per month, you're awesome!! I USED to be able to surpass that goal. Now anymore I'm lucky if I can get my book club book read, let alone anything I want to read!! LOL Your landing looks great! So doable if you break it up into little projects like that. Unfortunately, I don't have little projects. Only big ones!! LOL I've read a couple of the books on your list and want to read some of the others. Don't you read the Nora Roberts' triologies in order? It drive me nuts if I don't. LOL

Stacy said...

Yes, I do read them in order. That is the first one in the Trilogy. At least that is what it says on the book.

My pantry will be next Tuesdays challenge.

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Hi Stacy - thanks for joining in the reading challenge! I read Koontz' The Husband this past summer and liked it! Enjoy your reading!

Fingers To Toes Photography said...

If you can read 3 books per month your AMAZING - I cant seem to make it though a magazine per month...what with emails for business coming though, phone calls, a almost 3 year old and a 7 year old - my time is spent! I sure wish I could get back into it and make time for it, but these days it seems as though long bathroom visits is the only time I have to myself and even that's not always mine!

Your landing looks great though! Look at all those fun games!

mira said...

Good job on the tackle, looks great!

Nicole *Ü* said...

Oh, OK. I just didn't see the other books on there and couldn't remember which one came first!! LOL I love her triologies. The Key triology is good. A bit surreal but still good! I can't read Dean Koontz. I tried to watch a movie made out of one of his books and it was too psycho for me and I had nightmares for a long time!! I used to read a ton of Stephen King, though, so go figure!! LOL

heidi larsen said...

you will LOVE these is my words. my favorite book of all time. let me know how you like it! thanks for your kind words on my blog. i am getting better. my ppd is slowly going away.

Shannon said...

Your landing looks great! My cold storage closet looks alot like your before picture of your landing, I so need to tackle that room.
I totally loved Night, it was a quick read but it was totally raw and open. Definately one of my favorites!