Monday, December 31, 2007

Christmas is over!

I finally put away the Christmas decor yesterday. Normally I have it up into January, but since I will be starting a new semester on the 7th I figured if I didn't do it now I would probably still be looking at them on Valentine's Day.

We had a quiet Christmas in Utah. It just isn't the same without family, but we survived. Around 8:30 we started opening gifts. We usually take showers and eat breakfast before we open gifts so I made sure that I got up early so Cameron wouldn't have to wait too long. Little did I know he was going to sleep in a little bit. I finally went into his room at 8:00 and found him just getting up and making his bed. He took his shower and was then ready to start opening gifts. I had cinnamon rolls baking in the oven so we figured we could start opening.

Cameron loved coming downstairs to find a Seahawks pennant hanging on the tree. He showed Lucy her presents and we gave her one of them to keep her busy while we opened gifts. I thought for sure Cameron would want to open his big Santa present (the green one it the middle covering all the other gifts) first, but that waited until almost the end. This was his reaction when he finally got it open. He was puffing up his cheeks and making a funny noise...too excited. We bought him all the other lego sets to go with it. He had received the Mars Mission Base set from Santa. This was the only thing he asked for when he went for his Santa visit this year. I also bought him a chihuahua Webkins that he had been wanting ever since I showed him online what they were and what you do with them. They are a virtual pet that you play with on their website. I don't think he has actually tried yet since their web server was terribly slow Christmas morning. I'm guessing lots of children got new webkins for Christmas.My parents bought him two of the things he has been asking for since July. A Starcraft PC game and the Optimus Prime voice changer helmet. He was thrilled when he opened them and just said, "How did they know?"Michael and I weren't going to exchange gifts since we spent money in Vegas just a week prior, but we did anyway. His big gift that I bought for him was the Bose speaker set for his computer that he has wanted for the past two years. I think he was happy. He went and set them up when we were finished and I could hear them all the way in the front room.I had a computerized Christmas. Michael bought me the newest operating system for my Mac and the updated iWork and iLife packages. Now I just have to figure out all the new features on them. I also got new headphones for my ipod and a Bamboo Fun tablet for picture editing. I still have to play with this more to figure out all it can do too. My parents bought me the Bind-It-All machine for making scrapbooks and other fun things.For those of you that know me, and it should be any of you reading this, you know that I don't like a messy house. Well, this was bothering me for a few hours after we opened gifts.
I took Cameron to finally get his hair cut this weekend. It was getting too long and unruly. He had wanted to grow it out so when you blow up from your mouth it would move...try it with your hair. I have no idea why he wanted it long and wanted to be able to blow it, but after trying it long for awhile I just had to tell him it wa finally time to cut it off. This photo isn't very good, but he had the girl give him a faux-hawk. He wants me to do this for him now. I should have taken a picture from the side to show the whole effect.One last thing...I have been playing around with my digital scrapbook stuff again. I finally got it all organized this weekend and had time this morning to make this layout. The papers and happy button are from a kit by Jackie Eckles from Little Dreamer Designs and the ribbon and bookplate are from Kristie at the Shabby Princess.
What are you doing to celebrate the coming of 2008? Cameron plans on staying up until midnight. He better take a nap today if he really plans on doing it. We are just going to have some Ritz crackers and little smokies with cheese in them as a snack (this is what my parents have always done so we do it too). I forgot the Martinelli's cider..I might have to make a run to the store to buy it.

Well, Cameron wants my computer so he can play Starcraft so I should get going. His computer is broken so he has to play on my computer until Michael gets his working again. Until next time...Have a safe and Happy New Year!!

1 comment:

heidi larsen said...

it looks like you all had a wonderful Christmas! cameron's hair looks great!