Friday, December 21, 2007

Snowing and Jim Shore

I left work early yesterday to finish up some Christmas shopping. When I came out of the first place I was faced with a very dark sky, hail speeding down and lightening. This was strange considering I wasn't in the store very long and it was a nice pleasant day when I went in. The hail made for a very slippery drive to the next place which wasn't very close. When I finally left that store it had begun snowing very heavy wet snow. It took me 20 minutes to leave that shopping area due to all the cars and the heavy snow. It also took me about 60 minutes to cross the valley to get closer to my house...normally a 10-15 minute drive. Oh what a fun time this Christmas shopping turned out to be! I have a hair appointment today at 12:30 across the valley and it is still snowing. I have to go since it has been 3 months since I last got it cut and I want it done before Christmas.

Yesterday at work we exchanged Christmas gifts. I received a European facial from Erin, the assistant that I work with, she just finished esthetician school and has a spa set up at her house. I can't wait as I have never had one before. Now I just need to find the time to set up the appt. with her and get it done. Joyce, our office manager, got me a Jim Shore snowglobe. Last year I decided I wanted to start collecting Jim Shore pieces. Here is the snowglobe that she bought me...This was my first piece that I bought last year...
I bought him this year...I just bought this one this week. I stopped in Jolley's pharmacy and they had all their Christmas stuff 40% off. Jim Shore stuff NEVER goes on sale so I had to buy him. I think he is great. One side has the nice list and the other side has the naughty list. The naughty side has coal in the sack. Too cute!
All of these are much more prettier in person. The colors are so vibrant and the faces are great.

After my hair appointment today I need to venture out and finish shopping. Michael is so hard to buy for. I have no clue what to get him other than the few things I have already picked up. I have nothing for his stocking yet except for some candy. We weren't going to exchange gifts this year since we spent a lot of money in Vegas, but he went out and bought me something since I had to have something to open on Christmas day. I really didn't need it, but if he thinks I do than that is fine with me. I thought I was done shopping until he bought me something. Oh well!

2 comments:

Lilian said...

I totally know what you mean about the hail and lightning! I was out shopping in nice calm weather and ended up trudging through the mess to get home.... and I was only gone 30 minutes and shopped very close to home!!

I love your collectibles!!!

Nicole *Ü* said...

I've never heard about those pieces or that artist, but they look neat!!