Sunday, July 08, 2007

Week 5, Day 1

Another day down. Today was easier than I thought. It consisted of 3 intervals of 5 minutes running with 3 minutes walking. I wasn't even dying at the end of the last 5 minutes. One more run and I am then doing my first 20 minute run. I don't think I have EVER ran for 20 minutes in my life. I think the most I have ever run is 12-15 and that was almost 20 years ago!

Yesterday we ventured to the new Ikea. We were looking at cabinets for the laundry room. I found some I liked, but then we went to Home Depot and they have some pretty similar to our kitchen and bathroom cabinets. I think we will probably go with those so things match. We're thinking of putting 2 cabinets over the washer/dryer and also putting just a countertop behind the door with no cabinets under it.

Today I need to work on a peer review paper for a classmate and start my diabetes research paper. I pretty much know what I am going to write I just need to put it together. All of my work for my nutrition class needs to be completed by August 2nd. I still have 4 chapter tests, a final and two papers to write. In my microbiology class I need to write my final draft of my journal article summary. I will be getting my peer review for it back on Wednesday so I will then be able to finish it up.

Well, off to do some reading and working.

3 comments:

Kim said...

I don't know how you do it all. I admire your strenghts! You are an inspiration to me...wait, I think I've told you that before! LOL! I'm sure you are going to ACE this semester too.
Congrats on your walking/running. I can't seem to get into a routine during the summer. Maybe when school starts..yea right!
Rick put cabinets above my washer and dryer and even put a bar inbetween them to I can hang clothes up there. I love having them. Before we only had a shelf and I hated having all the laundry soap and stuff 'out'. You're going to love them!

Michelle Quinno said...

Wow, good for you on the running! I should be so good.

And good luck on your paper!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being so dedicated to your running! This Couch to 5K program has piqued my interest!!!

I need to get out to IKEA! I hear it's awesome!