Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Week 4, Day 2

I got to test out my new running shoes today. They worked out great. My parents bought them for me for my birthday. Holy heck...$120 for running shoes?! They say the shoes should get 350-400 miles...estimated to need new ones in January if I keep to only 10-12 miles per week. I am actually hoping I can up the mileage per week. They also bought me a knee strap. It's supposed to help with any pain during running. I think it did help, but them my other knee started hurting. Perhaps turning 35 wasn't the time to take up running...I'm getting all the old aches and pains.

Todays run was ok. I went a different way today and I think it turned out perfect. I only had to pass my street a little bit to make up the time, but it then gave me a little more time for my cool down walk.

We are going to see Transformers today. Cameron and Michael have been waiting for this day for MONTHS. Hope it isn't too bad for Cameron. It looks too loud for me, but we shall see.

Here is a picture of my parents and I when we got out at Echo reservoir to stretch and look at all the boats. Don't mind the windblown hair.
This is Cameron and his principal on the last day of school. At the beginning of the year we got to know her pretty much on a first name basis. I am happy to say that things got better.Even 7 year olds need naps. This is Cameron waiting for my parents to arrive after school. He kept asking when they were going to get here and eventually he just fell asleep while waiting.Yesterday after Kid Sport (a function that the rec center offers for kids off-track), Cameron, mom and I went to Deseret Industries (like the Goodwill) to look for books. Every time mom comes out she buys about 30 books to take back to Washington. Then when she comes out here again she brings them back and I either keep them or post them at Paperback Swap. She probably got about 17 books yesterday. We have 2 other DI's to hit before they go home on Friday. I think we will go today after the movies.

I decided to look for some roller blades for Cameron while we were at the DI. He has been wanting some for awhile, but I didn't want to pay a lot for them when I didn't think he would really wear them that often. I found a great pair of almost new looking ones at the last DI we went to...and for $8, I couldn't pass them up. He was SOOO excited to see what I had found. When we got home he put them on right away and then wanted to take them to his friends house to show him. I told him he could walk them over there and then put them on. I had to leave for school while Cameron was over there and I when I drove past the house Cameron and his friends sister were on their roller blades. I called home after school and Cameron answered. He told me that Summer had given him lessons on how to use his blades. Of course he showed me all he learned when I got home. I have some pictures I can share, but right now my computer is downstairs and my printer that has the card slots on it is upstairs.

1 comment:

Nicole *Ü* said...

Wow! Expensive shoes! Good luck with your new running shoes and your knee strap. I feel the same way as you about exercising - it HURTS!!! LOL I love to check out the DI for books too and the book exchange here in Bountiful. Such a wonderful way to get new (to me) books!! I love it when my girls decide to actually take a nap, even Conner is starting to fizzle out on those!! Love Cameron's shirt - Conner has the same one!! LOL