Thursday, July 20, 2006

IT'S HOT!!

My backyard is looking awful...it's been too hot to go out and take care of it. I did mow the front yard last week sometime, but I about died doing it. I thought I was going to pass out from heat stroke. Here is what the weather forecast is right now...

That is much too hot for me. Cameron has the right idea though...yum, popsicles!
I decided to snap a picture of Cameron doing his favorite thing. He loves to hang out in my room and play Xbox. We have a 360 downstairs, but he plays his Xbox in my room more than anything. I think he gets bored with it pretty fast as he will only play for about 10 minutes at a time before he shuts it off to do something else. Isn't he cute?!

As I sit here typing I am looking out my window and see that there is a breeze blowing. Perhaps I should get outside and do some mowing. I've got my shorts on and my hair up so I should just head on out.

Oh, but before I forget here is a picture from the scrappin' convention that I attended this past weekend. I took this picture from Heidi's blog as I didn't take any pictures myself. Heidi isn't in this picture, but if you go to her blog you can see her cute face!

The past weekend was so fun meeting all these wonderful women. I met a few last year when I stopped in during their lunch break and stayed for 2 projects. The projects this year were FANTASTIC! I can't wait to do this again next year...hint, hint Heather. I'd wink my eye at you, but I don't know how.

Ok, now I am heading outside to tackle the backyard. Oh how I wish Michael was able to do some of the work without being in so much pain. Speaking of, I haven't updated on Michael in quite a while. He is progressing well, but is still in constant pain. He walks around a lot better and is able to get up the stairs pretty well too. He doesn't complain too much anymore, but I can sometimes tell when he hurts. There are days when he overdoes it and pays for it the following day or two. He has a new hobby. He bought a RC Helicopter and is almost finished putting it together. I will post on that later.

6 comments:

Kim said...

Did ya get the yard done or not? I know what you mean about yard work though...ugh! Be sure and drink lots of water. Maybe you should have Cameron bring you a popsicle. Is that a bomb pop? I love those things. For some reason or another they always taste better when you buy them from the ice-cream man!
Please post photos of your boys. I like to see them in your blog. I'm also glad you sweetie is doing better. One day at a time.

Anonymous said...

Totally know what you mean about the heat and the yard work! YUCK!

Glad to hear your hubby is progressing. Poor guy! I do keep him in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Oh my word....is it hot or what?? Yuck, yuck, yuck!! Love those popsicles, though!! Cameron looks adorable and, yeah, 10 minuts is plenty of time on the Xbox, IMO!! LOL

Anonymous said...

Cameron is for sure a cutie! I hope your hubby continues to improve and won't have pain anymore...that has got to SUCK! That stinks to have to do ALL the yardwork (I don't mind it but wouldn't want to do it ALL!)...I love having teenage boys!!! LOL!

Anonymous said...

I hear ya on the heat! I need to get outside and do some work, but it's just too hot! I'm glad your husband is doing better. He's come a long way!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great time at QKU. Hey..if you snag the pic from my blog, Heidi's in that one! As for next year....we'll have to see! ;-)