Saturday, December 17, 2005

Saturday AM

I saw Michael yesterday and when we got there he was complaining about the nurse not knowing what she was doing with his pain machine. He was in a LOT of pain and we looked at the machine and it was stopped with no medication left in it. We told the nurse it was empty and she said it still had some in it...well, she went and got another nurse who told her it was empty and they replaced it. It took quite some time for his pain to go away again. He has been used to being able to push the button every 15 minutes to help out.

His mom and I sat around all day waiting for the physical therapist to come in. We were told that they would be in between 2-3 and when 5 rolled around we asked again. It turns out it was never ordered. He wasn't too thrilled and neither were we. We hadn't eaten since breakfast...actually I hadn't eaten since the night before. So, physical therapy is supposed to happen some time this morning. They want him sitting up in a chair and doing some other things. We wanted to be there to find out what he should be doing.

After we got home last night I left to get Michael another Christmas gift. I still had some more shopping to do for him and one of the things I was going to get him was a pedometer. However, I didn't think that would be a nice gift since he won't be really walking for a few months. I decided to call him on my way out shopping and he wanted me to come back up to see him. I told him I would be there in the morning and didn't really feel like driving all the way back uptown.

The doctor told him he may be discharged on Monday. I would love for that to be true. My brother and sister-in-law drove down from WA yesterday...at least that is what my mom thinks. I didn't call to verify, but I will be happy to see them when they get here. They are going to be here for Christmas and Michael can't wait for that. They are totally fun to be around and we miss them VERY much.

Well, I am going to hit the shower, eat some breakfast and head up to the hopsital. We will be taking Cameron with us today so hopefully he will be good enough to hang out there. We may have to turn on the tv to keep him occupied!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.

8675309
2peas

Anonymous said...

My hugs and prayers are with you and your DH. I hope he recovers quickly.

Shannon said...

I hope the nurses are taking better care of him! Hugs, Shannon