Saturday, March 15, 2008

Skating, scouts, school & other ramblings

I know, I know...it's been a long time since I posted. This post is dedicated to my mom and Shannon who have both commented that I need to post a new entry.

Cameron passed out of Level 2 skating on the first try. He is thrilled because now he can start his hockey skills classes. He will start those on April 3rd. There are 4 5-week sessions and then I think he will actually start playing teams. Now I have to spend some money and buy him some hockey equipment. For now while he is in the skills classes he gets to use their helmets, skates and stick. I have to buy him gloves, shin pads, elbow pads and something else that I can't remember.

I don't know if I officially mentioned that Cameron joined Boy Scouts. He is really enjoying it. The second week after we started was the big pack meeting. He received his Bobcat award and could then start working towards his Wolf. We're hoping to have most of his achievements completed for the Wolf by the next pack meeting on the 27th. He is almost there. He built a bird house last weekend with a little help from Michael. Michael cut the wood on the table saw for him and then Cameron pretty much did the rest. School is going okay for me. I just got back my second test and it wasn't as great as I would have liked...I got an 83.4%. I'm hoping this will be my lowest test score and I will get to drop it. We have our next test in about 3 weeks. You better believe that I will be studying my hiney off to get an A on that test. She has said it is our hardest test as it is on the endocrine system and I have MANY hormones to memorize. Spring break is this coming week so no school for me, but I do plan on getting together with the girls to study. Then the next week my boss is going on vacation so no work for me, but I will have school so I will also be studying for the test then too.

We are STILL working on finishing the painting in our house. I had a little accident a few weeks ago. You need to click on the picture to get the full effect.Michael was in Nashville and I was scared to death to call him about this. We have been keeping the paint cans in the house because it has been so cold out in the garage. I went to the other side of the bed to grab a can of paint and tripped over the bedding while heading back out of the room and OOPS. The paint can went flying out of my hand, dropped on the floor and opened. I screamed and then started to freak out! Cameron came running to see if I was okay. I was in hysterics since there was paint EVERYWHERE! I said, "Dad is going to kill me!" Cameron told me if I needed to blame someone that I could blame him. How sweet that my little child would want to take the blame for such a terrible accident. I told him no way was I going to blame him. I seriously did not know what to do. I grabbed something to scoop up as much paint as I could and then grabbed a small washcloth. I have no idea what I was going to do with the small towel though. I did break down and call Michael. I was crying pretty good when he got on the phone. Thank goodness he was at the airport and not on the plane. He told me what to do. I would not have done it if I didn't have him to tell me. He told me to keep it wet and use the carpet cleaner to suck it all up. So, I poured buckets of water, scrubbed and sucked it up. It took me almost 3 hours to get it looking like this!
Later that night I noticed some paint had made its way into the hall and had dried. I still haven't attempted to do anything with those spots. There is also some paint that I missed near the baseboard behind the hamper. Who knows, we may end up getting new carpet some day and it won't really matter that I missed this.

I had to go to the eye doctor yesterday because my right eye had been having some problems on Thursday. A few weeks ago I went for my normal yearly exam and told him my right eye had been burning. He told me to use some rewetting drops for it and it got better. Thursday my eye starting burning again so I used the drop and it didn't really help. By lunch time my eye was VERY blurry and I was getting headache because I could see just fine out of my other eye. Well, I called him yesterday and he wanted me to come in so he could look at it. He put some fluorescent drops in my eye and took a picture. I have a scratched cornea. He said it looks like it is healing, but I have antibiotics, drops and ointment to use for a few days. It feels better and isn't nearly as blurry now.

This was a LONG post. I have been tagged by Shannon and will post that in another entry.

2 comments:

Leah Yourstone said...

That C offered to take blame has got to be the sweetest thing I have ever heard!

Great job cleaning it up!

Nicole *Ü* said...

Oh wow! I can't believe you got that all out!!! So sweet Cameron offered to take the blame for it. Sounds like he's doing great in Scouts and skating/hockey. How fun for him!