Saturday, March 22, 2008

Happy almost Easter

I made cupcakes for the first time ever in my 35 year old life! Here they are:
Aren't they cute? These ones aren't as good as the first ones I frosted. The first ones I did are for church tomorrow. On Easter the youth group has a bake sale. So this is our contribution. This little plate is for one of our sets of neighbors. I figured I didn't need the extra ones so I am sending 6 on to live with someone else. I used a cake batter...did not want to make them from scratch. I thought it would be fun to get the Funfetti mix. Cameron and his friend that was over had the very first two. They were so excited to have a cupcake and they hadn't even had dinner yet.

I had to go to the physical therapist on Thursday. I've been having some problems with one of my knees and just couldn't take it any longer. I went to the doctor on Tuesday and he recommended therapy for it. I had an appointment for this coming Tuesday but while at work on Thursday it really started hurting me in a way it never had before. Before Thursday it was a pretty mild annoyance of constantly popping with occasional grinding. Two years ago or so I fell while walking the dog and ended up getting cellulitis and bursitis in my right knee. It would bother me a little bit while running last year but nothing a knee brace couldn't fix. Anyway, on Thursday I went to PT for the first time. The therapist is actually my bosses brother so I already knew him. He thinks I have a torn meniscus. This is the cartilage that acts as a cushion between your femur and lower bones. He said I need to do these special exercises for two weeks and then follow up with an orthopedic surgeon. I am going to go to the one that saw Michael about his knee problems. The PT said that I most likely will end up getting an MRI and then having surgery. So not fun and not what I wanted to hear!

Cameron says that everyone needs to go to church tomorrow so the Easter bunny can hide eggs for the kids to find when they return home from church. He thinks this because every time we get home there are eggs to be found. Today was the city egg hunt and Cameron told me the other day that he didn't want to go this year. He said he was too old. We've gone every year and I always look forward to it. I was a little bummed this year when he said he was too old. I guess my little guy is growing up!

5 comments:

Lilian said...

Your cupcakes look really great! I've never seen any decorated like that! So very cute!

I hope you have success with the PT on your knee. I'm sorry you're having to deal with this!

Loved the video in the post below!

Happy Easter!

heidi larsen said...

cute cupcakes stacy! i finally did your tag! it took me long enough!

Celeste said...

Way cute cupcakes Stace! I can't believe you've never made them before!

Good luck on your knee, that sure doesn't sound like fun.

Shannon said...

They turned out adorable!

Michele said...

Super cute cupcakes!! Did you come up with that design? I've never seen any like that before! I love 'em!!

Sorry to hear about your torn meniscus. I have a torn meniscus, too, but I won't be having surgery for it due to my pain condition and the threat of surgery making it spread. I heard it's a pretty simple surgery so I hope it goes smoothly for you and gets rid of the pain. Please keep us posted on when you'll be having the surgery, k? Feel better!