Sunday, November 26, 2006

We're home

We went to Colorado to spend time with family on Thanksgiving. It was nice to actually be with family this year. We haven't been with family for the past two years. Michaels dad and step mom went to CO to visit her sister and mother so we drove over to be with them too.

Dana (Step-mom), Angela (her sister) and I went shopping on Friday. However, we didn't go early in the morning. We got a few things that we were looking for. Dana bought us all some boots! I love my new boots! She also bought us all candles! I LOVE candles.

Michael wasn't feeling to well so he slept most of Friday. Cameron had a blast playing with Sophia. She is just a few months younger than him. They had so much fun. Each night they would just play and play. They both have SOO much energy!

We drove home yesterday. Michael should have drove, but he was sleeping pretty much the entire drive. Until I got pulled over! I got my very first ticket on this trip. UGH!!! At least he only caught me when I was doing 10 over. I didn't even see him. He must have been driving coming from the other direction on the freeway. I KNOW he wasn't stopped anywhere. Who knows if I really was doing 10 over. Oh well. It ended up taking us longer to get home than it did to get to CO. I set the cruise control for 5 over the limit. I think those Wyoming officers just like to pull over out of state drivers so they can make some money. They know that we will not drive back to go to court. So, I get to pay the state of WY $95. FUN!

I hope everyone had a blessed Thanksgiving.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It takes your dad to read your blog about your speeding ticket huh ... I remember you being named "RACY STACY" by a motorcycle officer years ago. You remember Mom & Dad telling you that you have a "lead foot". Love You Hun ... drive safe :) Dad

Stacy said...

I didn't talk to you today! I told mom. I'm surprised that she didn't say anything to you.

Anonymous said...

Yikes! Stinks that you have such a pricey ticket! Especially since your lead foot didn't get you home any faster! LOL!

I hope Michael is feeling better!

Shannon said...

Sounds like you had a great time...BOOO to your ticket! Aaron got one on the way to Delta, I think they like to patrol those back roads with nothing on them because they know there will be speeder's out!

Kim said...

Glad you had a good Thanksgiving and you were able to spend it with family!
Hope Michael gets to feeling better soon.
Sorry you got busted! Bummer! For some reason or another, I thought you'd be safe driving 10 over. It's when you exceeded it that got you to pay a donation to the state. I suppose I need to set my cruise control a little bit lower! See your loss is my gain, LEAD FOOT!

Michelle Quinno said...

hehe, laughing at your dad's comments. I hate when that happens!!

Enjoy the new boots & candles! Love those gifts@!