Monday, November 06, 2006


Monday: Chinese Chicken Pasta Salad (never did make this last week)
Tuesday: Chicken Noodle soup with sandwiches
Wednesday: Salmon with salad (yuck!)
Thursday: Grilled cheese with soup
Friday: Tacos
Saturday: Eating out with Shannon

I have to figure out a way to cook the salmon on Wednesday. I can't stand fish, but Michael loves it and I should eat it for health reasons. Last time I cooked it I just grilled it in foil with lemon and onion, but it was too lemony for me. If you have any ideas for me please let me know.

Here is the recipe for the chicken salad

Chinese Chicken Salad

Bake 4-6 boneless skinless chicken breast sprinkled with lemon pepper seasoning at 375 degrees for about 35 minutes or until done. Cool and slice diagonally.

Dressing
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup canola oil
1/4 tsp. each salt & pepper
1 tsp. dried parsely
3 Tbsp. sugar
1/4 cup sesame seeds
Mix well

Pasta
1 - 12 oz bag bow tie pasta, cooked
1 bunch of green onions, sliced
1 green pepper sliced
1 yellow pepper sliced
1 red pepper sliced
snow peas (optional)

Toss pasta and chicken with dressing and refrigerate. Before serving add approx. 1/2 bag spinach leaves and 1 small bag of almonds.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stacy,

I really like salmon that is poached and then brushed with teriyaki sauce, or marinated in teriyaki and either grilled or panfried. YUMMMO! :)

Shannon said...

Oh I love salmon. I have a recipie that is pretty good. I'll email it to you. You can either grill it or bake it and it still tastes good.

Shannon said...

Oh and YEAH for Saturday! I can't wait!

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

Take a piece of foil for each salmon steak or filet. Mix 1 tbl soy sauce, 1 tsp sesame oil and a little garlic for EACH one. Drizzle on top of salmon. Close the foil into a packet and bake at 350 for about 20 minutes.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good week, I think I'm hungry for soup (love that you have it on there twice!). I love salmon too, and have several recipes I have used. Depends on what kind of flavor you are going for. I have some using dijon, some with brown sugar, some with maple syrup and my favorite, a maple-hoisin combination. If you're interested in any of them, just let me know and I'll point you to where the recipes are on our website! :)

Have a great day, and a terrific week!

Anonymous said...

The chinese chicken salad pasta is a keeper! I copied it to print out and add to my ever-growing recipe book! Thanks for posting it.

Sherry

Nicole *Ü* said...

Oh, the best way to cook salmon is to grill it, but you don't add the lemon until you serve it. It will dry it out when you cook it with it. I'm not a fish person either, but I LOVE salmon cooked this way.

Wash and dry your salmon filet, then get plenty of tin foil, spray it with Pam. Lay the salmon skin-side down on the tin foil. Season it with garlic salt, pepper, a smidge of sage, parsley, and chives. Give it a good coating with all this. Put onion slices all along the salmon, then take pats of butter and dot them along the salmon. Wrap it up and grill it. Then serve it with the lemon. It is so good!!!