Sunday, November 12, 2006

Girls Night Out!

Shannon and I had our Girls Night Out that we have been talking about doing for MONTHS! It was so nice to actually get out and do it. Last week I asked her if she has ever gone to a ceramic paint studio. She had not and I haven't been to one since living back home. So, that is what we did. We went to Provo and had dinner at Olive Garden then drove all over creation to find the paint studio. Eventually we were near the mountains with no paint studio in sight. So, Shannon called 411 to find out how to get to the place. We pretty much drove back to the freeway, decided that we could find the place, turned around headed back in the direction of the restaurant, called the bookstore that was supposed to be near the paint studio, and FINALLY were headed in the right direction. We had already been pretty close to it by the restaurant. At 9:00 we pulled into the parking lot...good thing the place closed at 11:00.

The studio is called Color Me Mine! It was date night at the studio so it was quite crowded. I honestly didn't think there would be so many people there, but we had a great time. We were told to find a piece to paint and we could then be on our merry way to creating something. Shannon and I both picked a Christmas tree candy dish. Too cute!


I can't wait to see the finished product. I added a few dots to the bottom of my tree and would have shown that picture, but it was blurry. I will be heading back down to Provo on Friday to pick up our trees.

I can't wait to have another Girls Night Out. We are just hoping it doesn't take us another 6 months to actually do it!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like FUN!!!!! I wish we could of all went to lunch after the sale on Friday. Maybe next time?

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun evening! I love both of the trees! Such a great idea!

Anonymous said...

That looks like a lot of fun! How did you find out about that type of place? I live in Wyoming and am just wondering if there are places like that here...and how to find them?!

Anyhow love the Christmas Trees!

Have a great day!

Nicole *Ü* said...

How fun is that?!! I love your trees!!

Shannon said...

Definately not anther 6 months! It was a great night!

{Betsy} said...

That sounds like a lot of fun! I haven't painted a ceramic since my elective class in college. Can't wait to see how your trees turn out!

Betsy

Anonymous said...

So very cute! Luv your trees.

Kim said...

WOW! Sounds like you gals had a lot of fun! What a cool idea to do the ceramic thing. Love what y'all created! And, to be able to spend time together...dang...I'm jealous!