Sunday, March 05, 2006

Sunday ramblings

We had Michael's physical therapy on Tuesday and Friday. He is down to only using ONE crutch to walk! We go on Friday to PT again and then right after to his doctors appt. He will have more x-rays taken at that time. We are praying that they see some sort of healing in his hip bone this time. Keep praying for him, I'm sure they are working. He says things feel better so he thinks it's healing. We're also hoping to get an OK to head to San Diego on the 15th for the Owner's Conference his company is having. I'm thinking he should be able to go, but would most likely need a wheelchair available for him while we are there to make things easier. He really wants to go to see some old customers from Seattle and just see everyone that he hasn't seen in a long time. If we do get to go Michaels dad is coming down on the 13th to take care of Cameron while we are away and just hang out for awhile when we get back. He hasn't seen Michael at all yet since the accident.

Today's To-Do list:
Clean up craft room
Vacuum all the floors
Mop up all the tile
Finish laundry
Pack my gym bag
Figure out what to do for dinner
Scrub bathrooms
Pick up all clutter
Relax
Read

We have been without a televeision since right after the Superbowl. I've been doing a lot of computer time and reading since then. We should have the parts to our TV here on Monday or Tuesday. Our TIVO has been set since then so we are going to have a LOT of shows to watch. I'm sure we will skip out on some that aren't really all that wonderful, but we record anyway. We do have a TV in our room, but it really doesn't get used all that much. I should have been doing a lot of creating in my craft room without the tv, but I haven't been in the mood to do anything like that at all. My creative juices have been blocked for sometime now and I want them to start flowing again.

Cameron has been doing such a great job with reading. His teacher has these Sight Word lists and we are to ask for a new one when he has the current one memorized. Well, we asked for the 4th list on Tuesday and then I asked for the 5th list on Friday since he was going off track and we would need something to work on during that time. She wrote back that she didn't have a 5th list made yet...she didn't think anyone would be there yet I'm guessing. She told me that it would be color and number words so I made him one this morning. He knows most of them already!

Well, I better get off the computer and start on my To-Do list for the day. I haven't done any cleaning at all this past week and it shows!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness Michael is improving everyday. What a blessing! I will continue to keep y'all in my prayers.
I can't believe you've been without TV since the Superbowl! More power to you for reading and finding other forms of entertainment. My kids read quite a bit, but I fail to do so. Although I do read to Nic a lot. I don't count his books as reading though. I'm such a sucker for old movies and the news. I suppose I could do without our TV if we had to since I don't really watch it too much as is it anyway. We don't have TiVo though!
Glad Camden is doing so well in school!

Anonymous said...

Whoops...Make that CAMERON! Sorry for the mixup!

Anonymous said...

great for cameron! he must be a smart little one! okay tivo is soooo nice - i wish we had it! lucky you :)
Glad to hear Michael is improving each day... that is great!

Anonymous said...

I love that you have "relax" and "read" on your list of things to do. Maybe if I put them on my list, it will actually happen. LOL!