Thursday, March 23, 2006

Back from CA

Well, we arrived back into cold Utah on Sunday. I had a nice time while I was in CA. Michael was in meetings most of the time so I went out and did a few things on my own and with some WA Carquest wives. It was nice to see them again and to meet a new wife named Janet. We took these past customers out to dinner and for drinks a few times. I found a new drink that is to die for...a caramel apple martini. Oh my goodness, it had real caramel dripped in the glass and an apple piece floating in the drink. I was smart from the beginning to save my apple until the drink was gone and use it for wiping up the caramel! YUM! I won't even begin to count how many of these I had while I was down there!

I brought Cameron back a few fun items. His favorite is the rubberband shooter! It is a wooden gun that holds 12 rubberbands at a time. However, these do sort of hurt when hit at close range with them. Oh, who am I kidding...they hurt from far away too. I also brought him a fake can of nuts...you know, the kind with the springy snake inside. How fun! However, he had seen this on a cartoon before and knew what was going to happen before he opened it. I wanted to scare the daylights out of him and it didn't work.

Today I took Cameron to see the Chronicles of Narnia. Yes, I know that the movie has been out for a LONG time, but it just got to the $1 theater so I thought I would go today. What a great movie! It was a little long and he did ask continuously when it was going to be over. I will be buying this movie in a few weeks when it comes out.

I haven't added any new pictures lately so here is one that Cameron took earlier today. Cameron loves to take pictures, but he has some strange fascination with taking pics of his cartoons. It seems like every time I look at my media card there are tons of cartoon shots. Perhaps he wants to be an animator when he is older and this is just his way of showing it.

I haven't posted the books that I have read in awhile so here is my current list for the year. Currently I am reading Mrs. Kimble by Jennifer Haigh

January
Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
Hard Eight by Janet Evanovich
Red Lily by Nora Roberts
February
To The Nines by Janet Evanovich
The DaVinci Code by Dan Brown
Child of Darkness by VC Andrews
Marley & Me by John Grogan
Ten Big Ones by Janet Evanovich
Julie and Julia: 365 days, 524 recipes by Julie Powell
The Rule of Four by Ian Caldwell & Dustin Thomason
Eleven on Top by Janet Evanovich
March
Jack and Jill by James Patterson
Jewel by Bret Lott
Cat and Mouse by James Patterson
A Body to Die For by Kate White

No comments: