Friday, March 10, 2006

Michael Update

Michael had a VERY long morning today. We started the day off by me dropping him off for his pool therapy and physical therapy. I went to the gym for awhile to kill some time while he was there. I got back to the hospital around 10:00 so I could be there for his 10:15 appt. We didn't see the doctor until almost 12:30! He was very behind for some reason. The x-ray tech had to retake some x-rays and then they misplaced them and took some time to look for them. We finally got some good news today! His hip is showing signs of healing! Praise God! This made his chance of needing a hip replacement go from 50% to 25%! That said there is still the possibility that the bone will die, but we will keep on praying! Physical therapy kicked his butt today and they want him walking 100% weight baring now. He walked from the exam room to the x-ray room today without any support! Way to go Michael!

While at the gym today I signed up for 12 sessions with a personal trainer! Erin at work told me that they were running a special for $250 for 12 sessions. This normally runs almost $600! I mentioned it to Michael this morning before we even left and he told me to go for it...so I did! I will start going 2 times a week to the trainer after we get back from San Diego.

Yes, I said San Diego! The doctor has given the green light for Michael to travel now! He is happy that we will be able to go to the conference. He wants to see some people and say hello to his past customers from Washington. I will be doing some shopping and hanging out while he is in meetings. We will be leaving on Wednesday and coming home on Sunday! However, we don't have tickets yet! Michael was supposed to call the travel person for the company today to let her know what the doctor said and when we called she was already gone for the day. Michael hopes that she will be able to get us a flight there to have us there before 3:00 on Wednesday. There is a mandatory meeting he needs to go to that starts at 3:00.

Well, I just did a lot of typing. I am going to go down and do some laundry and read a book!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!! So thrilled that Michael is showing more signs of improvement. And DOUBLE YAY that you guys are able to travel. Hope you have a great trip! Hey...are you coming to QKU?? I forget. LMK!

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness Michael is improving!
Have fun with your personal trainer! Good for you! I admire your determination.
Oh, and San Diego sounds fun!! Hope you have a great time!~

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear Michael is doing better. I hope you are able to get a flight out in time too! Enjoy your trip... sounds like you both deserve it!

{Betsy} said...

I am absolutely thrilled to hear that Michael's hip is showing signs of healing...that is just so totally awesome! He's come this far and made so much improvement and I just hope and pray that he continues to heal!

Have a wonderful time on your trip to San Diego...one of my favorite places to go!

Anonymous said...

whoo hoo! I'm so glad that you are able to go on a trip! that is awesome and I hope you have a wonderful time there!

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! It's great to hear good things about Michael and how he is improving. Have a nice time in San Diego!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear he is doing so well.
Go you!!! I would kill to have a trainer after baby arrives. I was doing so good before I got pregnant working out and eating well. I'm afraid after baby arrives I won't have the time or energy.