Saturday, February 25, 2006

Reading, Baking & Door-to-Door yardsales?


My mom and I went to Barnes & Noble the other day and bought Cameron some new books that he can read all by himself! He loves to read books! I am so thrilled and hope it continues because I LOVE TO READ and want him to as well. He took one of his new books to school and his teacher let him read it to the class. He was very proud and told us all about it when he got home. All the kids clapped for him...I can just imagine how shy looking he must have been when they did that. Later that night he decided to read another new book to Michael so I snapped a picture when he was reading. Too cute!


Today I decided to bake some fabulous Banana Chocolate Chip cookies! I figure that since they have fruit in them they must also be nutritious so it's okay to eat more than 1! Here is a picture of them...don't they look YUMMY?!?!? The house smells delicious. I'm thinking tomorrow morning I am going to bake some Pumpkin Chocolate Chip muffins and take some to my neighbor for breakfast.


Now onto the Door-to-Door yardsale...I was sitting in the front room munching on said cookies above when my doorbell rings. I swallow my bite and answer the door. There are two boys about 8 or 9 and they tell me that they are having a yard sale. One of them said, "My friend says there is a boy that lives here and we were wondering if you wanted to buy him a spiderman or something." Um, I have never heard of a traveling yard sale before...heck, I am thinking I should get a wagon and take some of my spare things door-to-door and see how I weather! Ok, back to the boys...I had to tell them that I was sorry, but Cameron has WAAAAY too many toys as it is, but Thanks Anyway. I hate turning kids down, but I do know that this said Spiderman thing would have quickly found its way to the trash.

I suppose I should share the YUMMY Banana Chocolate Chip cookie recipe so you can taste them for yourselves. Here it is:
2-1/2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup butter, softened
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup mashed bananas, ripened
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 400°. Grease cookie sheets. Sift flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda together and set aside. Cream butter with the sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and vanilla. Mix in the mashed bananas. Add the flour mixture and stir until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips. Drop by spoonfuls onto cookie sheets. Bake for 12-15 minutes.

While typing this post Cameron came running in here and said, "Mom, Daniel and his friends are selling Yu-Gi-Oh cards. Can I buy some?" I told him to find out how much they were and how many he could get. He came back in and told me that they were 10¢ each. He went to his room and grabbed a dollar. I told him he could buy 10 of them for that amount. Well, he came back home with 6. Four of them were 20¢ each and he was greatly confused because I told him he could get 10 for his $1. He told me he was going to go back and ask for 4 more because he was missing them...I FINALLY got through to him that he got what he paid for. Oh what fun counting money is going to be later!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stacy ... this is to say thank you for letting "mom" return back home. I know you'll miss her but after missing her two weeks I deserve her back home!! I am hoping she brings me back cookies since I ate all the food in the house when she was gone. She better not eat them on her plane trip home .. lol .. love Dad

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the Banana Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe...it looks delicious! Would you mind sharing the recipe for the Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins, too, please? They sound great! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

LOL..so funny about the traveling yard sale! Never heard of that before. Kids are funny. OH WOW! I'm not a big banana fan, but love Banana Bread and things like that. Those cookies sound divine. Why didn't you bring some over when you came over today? LOL! Kidding! I'm gonna have to try them out!!! Thanks again for the stamps..you're awesome!

Shannon said...

Those cookies sound YUMMY! I'll have to make them sometime.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recipe...they sound delish!