Sunday, March 18, 2007

The Happiest Place on Earth!



We got back Friday night from a few days in Disneyland! This was Cameron's first visit and he LOVED it! We were supposed to go last March, but when Michael had his accident in December that was out of the question. This trip was a little rough on Michael. We did one full day at Disneyland and he was hurting from all the walking by the time we were done...actually he was hurting before we were done. However, he braved it again the next day. Cameron wanted to go back to Disneyland to ride the Buzz Lightyear ride again and Michael wanted to hit the Matterhorn since we didn't do it the day before. Cameron got to get his own Astro Blaster and meet with his favorite character, Buzz. After a few hours in Disney we went across the way to California Adventure. We only stayed for about 6 hours there. It was fun, but not as fun as Disney. Our second ride there we went on a river raft ride and I got SOAKED! It wasn't too fun having to walk around all wet, but fortunately the weather was nice and at least my shirt dried fairly quickly.

Michael is not a big ride person and I really wanted to go on the big roller coaster. I ran and got fast passes for everyone in hopes that they would go on the ride with me later. Cameron was having second thoughts about the ride himself. We all rode the coaster about an hour later and it was FUN! Michael even thought so. I had to ride the rocket by myself. If you don't know, the rocket is a ride that you sit on and it shoots you up over 200 feet in the air super fast, then you come back down. I had to get right back on as soon as I got off, but I did try to get them to go on with me. That didn't work.

I'm hoping that we go to Vegas in August with my family and I will see if my brother will do the rocket that is on top of the Stratosphere with me. Can you imagine being up over 1000 feet? How cool would that be?

After our first day at Disney we went do Downtown Disney. Cameron and I had a mission to go to the Lego store. Michael was hurting too much so he found a bar in the middle and had a few drinks while Cameron and I went shopping. Cameron loved the lego store. He got to pick out three things and was very happy. He couldn't wait to get back to the hotel so he could start building. We ended up going to dinner and he brought a bionicle along and built it there. He liked the star wars guys built from legos in the store...I have to admit they were pretty cool.

It is good to be home. Thank you Shannon for taking care of Lucy for us.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun! I love the picture of Cameron on the "C".

Shannon said...

Those are some great shots! So, glad you had a good time! We had fun keeping Lucy for you, well at least the kids did ;0)

Celeste said...

Sounds like you had a fun trip!

Nicole *Ü* said...

So fun!! Lucky you!!!!! I could go several times a year and I'd never stop loving it!! Looks like you guys had a great time. Fun pictures!!! Love all the Mickey ears on your men! Isn't that roller coaster at DCA KILLER???? It's the best one I have EVER been on.

Kim said...

Sounds like y'all had a GREAT time! From the looks of those fabulous pictures, it looks like some fun was had by all as well! I didn't know you were a roller coaster diva! I like them too, as long as they don't go in circles. I can't handle circles and loop de loops! Glad little Miss Lucy was in good hands at Shannon's. What a great friend!