Saturday, February 09, 2008

Hello!

I am still here. I've been busy studying for a test that I finally took yesterday. I'm hoping for at least a "B" on it. I am so tired of the snow...I want it to be warm. This is what we woke up to last Sunday. The first pic is my neighbors house across the street. He was having a heck of a time with his snow plow since the snow was so tall. We only have a shovel and the work was HARD. We decided that we need to buy a snow blower so after the drive was shoveled a bit we left to find one. The only problem is that there weren't any to be found anywhere. They are already selling lawn mowers. Who's going to mow their lawns with all this snow on the ground? Come on people!We are still working on getting our house painted. It is taking much longer than I anticipated. We haven't worked on it much at all during the weeknights since we are too tired when we get home from work. I did manage to finish my craft room though since I use the computer in there I really wanted it put back together. I took down my shelves and painted behind them on Tuesday and then made a run to IKEA to see if there were any organizers I could use. I found some and think I want more. I am also thinking of selling most all of my stamps since I haven't used them at all in 2 years. I could use the money for some other things I am wanting. Here is how I have been living since we started painting. Most of you know how much I can't stand a messy house. Well, here is proof that my house does get messy. However, this is MUCH worse than it usually gets. I am planning on finishing the living room today so I can put the plastic away and get the room back together since this is what people see when they first enter my house. Last night before I took this picture of my kitchen it was MUCH MUCH worse...you couldn't see any countertop AT ALL!Cameron made principals pride in January. The teachers pick children that do exceptional work and submit it to the principal. They get a certificate and a picture with the principal. He achieved this last year with math and this year it was spelling. I really like this principal. We got to know each other pretty well last year since Cameron was having a bit of a problem before we had him tested for ADHD. I was in her office a few times and they weren't happy times.Well, I better sign off. I have to get ready to take Cameron to his ice skating lesson and then come home to paint. Who's coming over to help???

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Way to go Cameron with you Pricipal -- Keep up the Great Work!! Stacy, I must say I have never seen your house this messy. Now why do you have to take Cameron ice skating with all that snow outside ... get him some snow skis. LOL You drive careful over there. Our Mtns are so bad here they are closing all the passes everyday. The snow is so tall up that the Road Plows & Blowers have no place to put the snow. Have a great day and yes keep hoping for the sun.

Lilian said...

I can't believe the snow we've had this year!!! But we needed it and as long as it quits by march-ish.... I'll be happy! LOL! I need to do some painting at my house too. I've discovered that not only am I afraid of change - and colors (what if I hate it after all the work?) that I also do NOT want to deal with a messy house while in the process. However, it IS something that will be happening soon around here since I've ordered new flooring and might as well paint before it's installed!

Way to go Cameron!

Kim said...

Hi Stacy. (coming out of lurkdom here). We used to live in Utah and we finally broke down and bought a snowblower after about 4 winters. Wouldn't you know, my hubby got transferred down to Florida. I had such an attachment to that snowerblower since I had been shoveling all those years that we brought it with us to FL. We ended up shipping it up to in-laws in Ohio and boy have they gotton a lot of use out of it. I love reading your blog. I miss Utah. We lived in West Jordan and then Sandy.