Saturday, October 13, 2007

Saucy!

Last Sunday we spent the day preparing applesauce. Michael had picked all the apples off our trees the weekend before and we really needed to do something with them so we made some sauce. I had gone to Bed, Bath & Beyond to purchase a food mill and then came home to start the process. The food mill did not work like it was supposed to so I ran back to the store and bought a food processor. This worked MUCH MUCH nicer and faster. I never thought I would own a food processor. We had gone 11 years without owning one, but now we have one we can use next year when we make more applesauce.

Most of the apples from the tree. We did give one bag away before this picture.The handy dandy Pampered Chef Apple/Peeler/Corer w/stand.The peeled apples undergoing their coring and chopping.Michael peeling more apples. Sure did make a mess of the kitchen!
14 quarts of applesauce ready to be eaten!

We ended up having another bag of apples to donate. We were tired of peeling, coring and chopping and processing the apples so we stopped.

I took my anatomy lab midterm on Tuesday and went to school on Friday to get my grade. I got a 97%! That means I missed two questions. I am pretty sure I know which ones I missed too. I took my Chemistry test last Wednesday and will not have the results of that one until Monday night. However, I don't even want to see what I got on that one. I am pretty sure I failed it. That was the hardest freaking test I have ever taken. I was there from the time it started until she told us to hand in our tests...there were 3 of us left at that point. I am never there a full 2 hours to take a test. There were 5 questions I flat out guessed on. If I only miss those 5 I will only have a 69%. There were only 26 questions on the test so that makes it tough to miss more than 2 and still get an A.

Well, off to study for an anatomy test that I get to take on Tuesday. I still need to read two of the chapters. YIKES!

7 comments:

Nicole *Ü* said...

Wow! You guys have been busy!! We have 4 apple trees, 3 in our yard and 1 in my grandma's, and they DESPERATELY need something done with all the apples from them!! (If we can find enough without worm holes! LOL) My kids love to go out and pick some to eat, but there are just so many! Anyway, I'd love to hear how you made the applesauce. I don't have a food processor, just a blender, though. Hmmmm. LOL I do have the PC apple thingy!! I made apple pie filling with mine a few years ago, but it looks a bit clumpy in the bottles. My mom made some this year and hers turned out much better, so I think I'll try her recipe next time!!

Good luck with your studying and the test you took. Hopefully you did just fine!

Little ol' Me said...

YUMMY! You've been one busy girl!

I always think I'll do something like this, but it falls to the bottom of the ol' to-do list each fall!

Hope your test turns out okay!
Tiffany

Shannon said...

Yum! I love homemade applesauce, but I like mine chunky.
I think we are going to plant a couple of apple trees in our yard, so next year I'll be doing the same thing you are!
Congratulations on your test! Aaron said he saw you on Friday. I'm sure you did fine on your other test! Good luck with all of your studying!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on making the apple sauce, that is awesome! Have you ever tried making homemade apple cider? It is so yummy! It is seriously the best.

Good luck on the studying!

heidi larsen said...

that's a whole lot of apples. sorry, only family invited to the party at my parents.:) that is enough people, trust me. there are going to be a ton of little kids running around.

Anonymous said...

You do realize that showing a picture of your hubby in the kitchen, actually using a kitchen gadget, will cause major envy among your friends right?! I'll bet your house smelled heavenly after you were done! Yum.

G.G. said...

MMM I wish I was your neighbor ;). Making apple sauce is something I would like to do some day. That reminds me to look for a corer peeler on Ebay. Oh and you've been tagged girlie (as if you don't have enough on your plate)