Friday, October 26, 2007

Birthday and school

Things have been pretty busy around here with school and work.

Cameron celebrated his 8th birthday on Wednesday. Where does the time go? I started crying when I really thought about how old he is and how precious he is to our family. Despite the fact that Cameron had a busy day on his birthday I think he enjoyed it. The morning started out early with him opening gifts at 6:45 am before Michael had to leave for the rest of the week. I took Cameron to choir at 7:30 then he had school and daycare. I picked him up around 4:15 when I got off work so he could play with some of his new toys before he had to go to school with me at 6:30. Poor kid had to sit through 2 hours of Chemistry on his birthday. When we finally got home around 9:00 he played for a little while longer and then I brought out his surprise little birthday cake I bought. Michael was on the phone with him singing happy birthday before I called him over to see his cake and blow out some candles.

All Cameron had been asking for was a new skateboard and skate shoes. My parents bought him his new skateboard and Michael's mom bought him the shoes he wanted. I think he was happy. We bought him 2 video games, skating helmet and a few toys. He also got a Transformer video game from Michael's dad along with money and gifts cards from other family members.


We are having Cameron's birthday party with friends tomorrow at the Classic Skate Fun Center. He invited 11 boys from his class and so far only 6 have RSPV'd. I have always had kids show up that haven't called first so I made sure I had enough goody bags for everyone that we invited.

Well, my chemistry test that I was freaking out over was worth freaking out over. The entire class got to retake it since the average was a 50%. I was one of those that got the average. Scary! I have NEVER failed a test before this one. However, we got to take it home and do it and this time I only missed 1. So, I got a 96%. MUCH MUCH better. I have another test on Monday and I am totally stressing over it since I absolutely do not get one of the chapters that it is covering. I am getting together today with someone from class so we can try to understand it better. At least we can drop one test score...I would rather do good on all the tests, but I have a bad feeling about this one.

I actually had some time this morning to vacuum and dust my house. Now if only I could find time to clean the bathrooms.

3 comments:

Nicole *Ü* said...

What a fun birthday!! Crazy how our kids get so big so fast, huh?? I totally know the feeling!! Yikes about the chemistry test!! Glad you got to retake the one and good luck with your next one!! I never did too great in the sciences. I passed but never excelled! LOL

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Cameron! Sounds like he got just what he wanted and then some!! Way to go kid! He looks so excited opening his gifts. I hope the party with friends turned out fun for him!!

heidi larsen said...

happy birthday cameron! he is one smart kid, going to college chemistry at only 8 years old! wow! :)