Friday, September 14, 2007

Yay me

I got my first Chemistry test back on Wednesday night. I got a 94! The two I missed were stupid mistakes that 55/68 students missed. Now, most professors I have had give those points if that many students miss the same question...not this one. Oh well, it is still an A even if it is an A-.

So, Tuesday when I took Cameron to daycare my car made a funny noise as I was pulling into the parking lot. I didn't know what it was, but I didn't worry too much. I then heard the same noise as I was pulling into my school parking lot. I called Michael to tell him what I heard so I wouldn't forget to tell him when he got home that evening. He said he would look at it. Ok, so then I left that campus to head to another, left that one to head back to the first after a class and when I was getting on the freeway I heard the noise, but this time while driving. I called Michael and told him, he told me to head home to get the truck to go to my last class, but since I was almost already to school I just told him I would go home after class.

Got home after school, Michael got home and he and the neighbor took a look. They thought that some half shaft was bad so Michael would replace it on Wednesday. The neighbor said that I could drive on it for probably a year without any problems. Flash forward to Wednesday afternoon. I was heading to lunch from work and my car starting shaking really bad and making that terrible noise. I pulled into the Subway parking lot and looked at my tire to make sure everything was ok. It was NOT! I could see a lug nut between the hubcap and tire. I was on the phone with Michael and he said that they didn't take that wheel off so it couldn't be mine. Well, I got the hubcap off and what did I see? Two out of five lug nuts holding my tire on and they weren't tight at all. My tire could have fallen off while I was driving. How scary is that?!?! Had my car towed home, Michael put new lug nuts on and drove it around because the neighbor said that the noise could have been from the loose tire all along. Yep, that is what it was. Had they taken that hubcap off the night before we might have found all of that out. Oh well.

Sorry for that long drawn out story, but you know, I was really writing it all out for myself anyway.

I have LOTS of studying to do today. I have a quiz on Tuesday in anatomy lab and a test on Thursday in anatomy. We are studying two different things in each class so I have to fill my head with MUCHO information.

5 comments:

{Betsy} said...

Wow, that is so scary, Stacy! I'm just so thankful you are OK and that you discovered it yourself before the tire fell off while you were driving!

Nicole *Ü* said...

Congrats on your test!! And holy cow about your car!! Wonderful and so lucky that you finally figured out what it was before something awful happened!!!

Kim said...

You are doing awesome in school! I am having a hard time finding enough studying time and I know how difficult it can be. You should be so proud of yourself.
Thank goodness you found out what was wrong with your car.
Hope Mr. Cameron is doing well too.

heidi larsen said...

i am glad that nothing really bad happened, like the tire flying off of your car while driving on the freeway. scary. that must be a huge relief to know that you found the cause of the sound and that it is fixed now.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like someone was watching over you! I'm so glad you are safe!

Congrats on doing so well in school!