Saturday, September 29, 2007

UGH

I am SICK. Oh how I hate being sick! I started coming down with this illness on Monday and now it is in my sinuses. I hate it when I can't breathe. At least my throat isn't sore today. I stayed home from my strength training class yesterday. I was NOT feeling well at all. I hope I am feeling better soon. I have an anatomy lab midterm to study for. You just can't study when you don't feel good.

On a positive note, I got my first anatomy test score back and got 100%. I wish I could say that I didn't miss any, but that was my score with some bonus points added. I got a 89.7% without the bonus points. The average in the class was 79%. My instructor said the next test scores usually go WAY down. I hope mine doesn't plummet! I took my second Chemistry test on Wednesday. That one was a toughy. I will be getting the results back on Monday, let's hope I did as well on it as I did on the first one.

I am majorly stressing over the anatomy lab midterm. It isn't until October 9th, but it is going to be HARD. It is all fill in the blank. I have to know the name of every bone, bump on bones, impressions on bones, everything about freaking bones. Not to mention I have to know the names of the muscles...they have weird names. I hope there isn't too many things to locate on the cadaver. The muscles look so different on the cadaver than they do on the models in the class room. This Tuesday is open lab so my table is planning on going in the morning and in the evening to look at the cadaver and the models and try to get everything all memorized. My plan was to have a lot of it already memorized by the time we get together to make things easier, but with me feeling like crud I don't see that happening.

On Tuesday Halo 3 was released for xbox 360. Michael took the day off of work and Cameron stayed home from daycare so they could play all day. They played for 7 hours and beat the game. Luckily by the time I got home that night they were almost done and I didn't have to listen to it for too long. They had the game playing in surround sound so it sounded like bombs going off in the house. They were "lucky" enough, if you want to call it that, to be able to buy the Legendary edition of the game. You see, this Legendary edition comes with Master Chief's helmet. I wish I could say it was cheap, but is wasn't! Cameron has the helmet displayed proudly on his desk. If this thing were wearable I could see buying it, but it is just for display. Here is what it looks like:
Don't you wish you had one of these things taking up space in your home too?!

Today is a BLAH day. The wind is howling, the rain is coming down and all I want to do is sleep. However, I have to run to the post office to mail my parents birthday gifts, head to the bank and then run into the library to get some books that are on hold. I need to take some more Advil cold & sinus and get out into the cold to run my errands.

1 comment:

Nicole *Ü* said...

The helmet is kinda cool looking, but I agree that it shoul be functional!! LOL I can't believe they've already mastered the game, in only 7 hours. Wow!! Neat for them that they had the surround sound, but at least you didn't have to hear it for 7 hours!!! LOL I hope you're feeling better!! Being sick sucks!!!