Friday, September 07, 2007

Been a long time, but I am still here

Where has the time gone? I was talking with my dad today and he told me I haven't updated my blog in awhile. I knew exactly the last time I blogged because I looked it up last night. I just haven't had the time. However, I have had the time to read everyone else's blog.

Michael's dad drove down for a visit about 2 weeks ago. He brought us his old pick-up truck. This is the truck that Michael used to drive when I first met him. Kind of neat that we own it now. Michael has plans to fix it up and get it a new paint job. The truck is 30 years old. Michael took it for a safety inspection and emissions test the other day. It failed emissions, but they said it just needs a new carburetor. So, after Michael finds one he will replace it and do the test again.

Michael's mom and grandmother came down for a visit last weekend after Michael's dad left. It was great to see everyone again. Michael's mom and step-dad are planning on flying their plane down somewhere around the first week of October.

I started school on August 22nd, so that is why I haven't updated much. WHY OH WHY did I decide to take Chemistry AND Anatomy at the same time? I think I must have been on crack or something when I signed up. I am also taking a strength training class and actually enjoy it. Although, our goal is to increase our weight 5 pounds each week. Holy heck...that is TOUGH! I am going to be up to bench pressing 75 pounds next week. 70 pounds was hard enough today. My arms are quite sore today. I am sure I will be even more sore tomorrow.

I already have a Chemistry test on Monday. I also have a quiz in Anatomy on Tuesday. I guess that means I will be studying most of the weekend. I am pretty sure I will do okay on both, but so far the math in Chemistry has been tough. I took the required math before taking the class and got an A, but this is all story problems. I don't do well at them at all.

Ok, so I am off to study now. Sorry I don't have any pictures this post. They are in my camera which is downstairs.

5 comments:

{Betsy} said...

Wow, Stacy! You are going to be one busy gal this fall! That sounds like a very challenging schedule! The strength training class sounds awesome! I'm sure you are really going to enjoy that one! Good luck in your classes! :)

Shannon said...

Girl you are busy! Good luck with your tests! I know you will do great!
On your strength training 5 lbs a week sounds like too much, I hope that you don't hurt yourself!
Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

My arms just hurt at the thought of weight lifting! Good luck with that!!

And good luck with your tests! i'm sure you'll do great!

Nicole *Ü* said...

Fun to get Michael's truck! I hope he can get it fixed. I never was very strong with my arms in weight class in high school, but for some reason I did better with anything with my legs. I hope things go well with your Anatomy and Chemistry classes. Anything science related is not my forte, so chemistry, physics, and all that stuff was always hard for me, although I did fine in my Anatomy class! Go figure!

heidi larsen said...

you are so smart! you can totally handle chemistry and anatomy in the same semester. i didn't know that you did crack? you probably should stop. it's not very good for you! hee hee.

i can't believe how in shape you must be. running and lifting weights. good for you!