Tuesday, January 17, 2006

An outing!

Today was Michael's first outing with me. We went to lunch at Red Robin and then stopped at his office for him to say hello. He said it was great to finally get out of the house for awhile. It wasn't as difficult as we thought it was going to be either! He did say that I insulted him before we left...I gave him a jacket. However, this jacket is his Special Olympics jacket. His company supports the Special Olympics...thus the reason for the jacket. It was the only jacket hanging up that wouldn't be too terribly warm. He then had to tell everyone at work that I gave him the jacket because he was in a wheelchair.

Hopefully he is going to want to go out a little more often now that we know we can do it. I did get his temporary disabled parking permit today to make things easier too. I didn't do it until after we got home from our outing though.

I haven't been doing much of anything so far this year. I've cleaned my house, read a book and that is about all. I do want to start creating things again. I hope things slow down around here soon.

Michael is having a hard time getting his coumadin levels at a therapeutic level. They are having him take more coumadin each day and coming out for another blood draw on Thursday. His blood isn't thin enough for what they want it to be at yet. We only have enough of the medication to last us until Sunday too.

Well, that is all I wanted to report. I hope all is well with everyone!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad that Michael was able to get out today. I was seriously ROFLOL about the jacket. That is seriously too funny of a coincidence! ;-) Hope that he will be getting out more often and that he'll continue to improve!!

Shannon said...

I'm glad things are going well! YEAH for an outing, even if it is just out for lunch!
The jacket is too funny! Aaron would have told everyone the same thing.
Hugs to you!

Jo said...

Stacy, I am glad Michael is improving. Y'all have been in my thoughts and prayers.
Johanna Hall

Anonymous said...

Stacy,
I'm glad he's improving a bit and has kept his sense of humor (the jacket!).

I think of you often, but being me, promptly forget to email you to see how you're all doing.

Many hugs to all of you.

Kathi

Anonymous said...

STACY....TAG! YOU'RE IT!

http://heatherdwhite.typepad.com/unwrapped/2006/01/tagged_again.html

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to catch up on all my cyber friends. I'm glad to hear DH is doing well. I think of you guys often.
That is too funny about the jacket. hee hee