Monday, May 14, 2007

A new semester

Well, today starts Summer semester. I attended my microbiology class today. I have to write a paper on a journal article. I haven't written a paper since 1991! I was a little freaking out about this during class. I am also taking an nutrition class online. I got home after my micro class and looked up my nutrition syllabus. I have to write 5 (FIVE) papers! Not cool! I am sure I will be visiting the writing lab at least a few times this semester. I had the opportunity last semester to write a paper if I wanted to bring a test score up. I was going to write it, but it was too overwhelming for me that I deleted it and said "Screw it!" I didn't write it and didn't need it, but now I am sort of wishing that I had done it just to say I have written one lately.

I will keep you all posted on my progress. I hope all goes as planned.

5 comments:

Kim said...

You will do fine! I know it. The college has a writing lab for that reason, to help us mature kids who haven't written in a while. LOL! I admire the fact you're attending school in the summer. I'm taking it off. Could you let me know how you like your on-line course? I'm considering taking one, but would like some first hand imput.

Shannon said...

I know you will do great! Papers take up a lot of time, but once you have the research I find they go together pretty quickly. Use the writing lab, that's what it's there for!

Nicole *Ü* said...

Ugh! I hated writing papers too. My problem mainly stemmed from the fact that I was an English major and got extremely tired of the professors telling me that my opinion of books was wrong!!! Hence why I finally gave up! LOL Now I can read whatever I want and not have anyone tell me what I'm supposed to think about the book! LOL

Anonymous said...

Congrats on starting your new semester; that is awesome! Good luck on the writing, too. I had a hard time writing my thoughts out on paper. I still have that problem. LOL! I know you will do awesome though!!

heidi larsen said...

good job on the 4.0. i have never had a 4.0. that must make you feel really good! how are you doing? i hope good. good luck with your new semester. i am sure that it will be great! you are so smart!